Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 3, 2013


Art Almost Every Day, Friday, Aug 2, 2013 (Entered on Aug 3)

 So, yesterday got away from me.  Today I did two pieces to make up for yesterday.  Here is the first.  I've got a new computer which I'm using for the first time today and I'm amazed at how difficult it is getting used to the much smaller key board!
I started this piece with a piece of blue, dye painted fabric that had a fine lined, offset, violet grid painted on it.  I laid it on top of a piece of violet dye painted batting and added a strip of dark violet jute to the top.  Then, not having a clue of what I was going to do next, I grabbed some dyed trims and ripped a few strips of fabric from some pineapple silk and silk noil.
I began the quilting by stitching down a vertical and horizontal strip of rick rack.  Then I added some thin Rattail then I added a few strips of twisted fabric.  The I repeated the process again all the while trying to place the trims and fabric strips along the sides of the printed lines rather than on top of them.  Next, I stitched on top of the printed lines then I changed thread color to match the blue background and stitched a concentric geometric shaped swirl in every other or so background section.  
I like the pieces hard lines and edges and architectural feel. The cool color way softens the effect somewhat which I think makes it more enjoyable to look at.
Well, I need to get today's uploaded so, 
See ya in a minute,
Heather


No comments: