Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, August 16, 2013


 Art Every Day, Friday, August 16, 2013

Good Evening,
Tonight I'm channeling my inner Motherwell.  Or maybe it's Clyfford Still.  Either way, I've been day dreaming for the past few weeks about doing some very abstract pieces using bold contrasting stitch and bunches of bunched up fabrics.  
I really like this piece and wish it was about 10 feet tall.  It's only at times like this when I wish I had a long arm, not to handle the size per se, but so that I could move a really big piece really fast and achieve the gestural stitch outs that a 10 foot piece would require. But this one will suffice for now.
It's got great energy and looks good in just about any direction - I like it with the white on the bottom as well as I like it this way. What surprises me the most is where the red violet cheesecloth sits.  It looks like it is higher or closer to us than the black, but it's tucked into the black with black up around its edges.  What's weirder than that is that is looks like it is above the white too.  The white has a good deal of quilting in it to push it back some, but I quilted the hell out of the red violet.  It fact it has the heaviest quilting of all.  In person, the red violet is sitting behind the black gauze, but not in this photo. Weird.
Now I've got to get all of my new classes up on my website, so,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: