Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 25, 2013


Art Every Day, Sunday, August 25, 2013

Here is today's new piece.  I had a blast doing it.  It began with a layer of bright yellow silk gauze layered on top of a piece of  silk noil that is dyed in tints of red, red violet and red orange.  I stitched the two layers to some batting with a pale blue thread in a wavy cross hatch.  
Then, I started stitching the swirls in a bright turquoise.  There is some very heavy thread painting in the largest swirl.  I love laying on all that thread.  It's a lot of fun to do and the curly, swirly design is a visual feast.  After all of the quilting was done I went through the piece cutting away sections of the grid here and there to reveal some of the silk noil from below.  
It was a good day.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: