Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Another Make up Piece; for 8.19.13,
Good Evening again,
For this piece, I really just wanted to use the silk that I had dye painted with thickened dyes.  I just love the color way of soft red tones with golden yellow and dull black.  It's yummy.  So, I put it in the background on top of a piece of soft, pale red, dyed bamboo felt.  I added the bold, yet somewhat dull, black and white print which I in turn topped with another bit of dye painted fabric. 
I quilted the background in light, dull tone of red using swirls and undulating lines.  Then I stitched in white in the white areas of the block print.  I stitched the printed grid in yellow in the central square then stitched on that fabulous bone bead.
I really, really like this piece, mostly because of the fabrics and colors, but I think the quilting is doing a great job too.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: