Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Art Every Day, Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Here is today's new piece.  It began with a piece of striped indigo cotton which I laid on top of some orange dye painted batting.  Then I took some more of that swirly dye painted batik that I did a few years back and put some Misty Fusee on the back of it and cut out some swirls.  I positioned the swirls then ironed them in place. 
The quilting is very simple.  I stitched along the hard blue lines in the background which are about 1/2" - 3/4" apart.  Then I stitched inside the white part of each swirl. Next, I couched rattail around the edges of the circles.
I like the direct complement of the orange/red orange with blue green. It's both peaceful and energetic. I like how the white in the swirls echos the white in the indigo fabric and how they both make me think of light shining on water.
I'll be right back with another piece that I made to catch up with,
Heather

No comments: