Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 22, 2013


Art Every Day,  For August 21, 2013

Good Afternoon Again,
Here's one for yesterday.  It began with a weird fabric that I dyed a couple of years ago that is the direct complement of a pale tone of red violet with a darker tone of yellow green.  I laid it on top of violet painted batting.  The I added a discharged piece of darker, purer red violet that I discharged and over dyed mint green.  Then I topped that fabric with a strip of violet silk noil.  I had a good time stitching it all with various straight stitching along with a few curves thrown in.   Boy was it boring!
So I woke it up with that wonderful swirl of bright yellow green.  I offset it so that it feel off of the edge for even more interest and I really like it.  It has a sort of industrial feel and it's bold like a bull's eye.  I also like the depth that it has.  Not only did the bright yellow green pop off the surface, it pushed everything else back really well.
I've got one more done, so I'll be back in a sec.......
Heather
 

No comments: