Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, August 12, 2013


Art Every Day, Monday, August 12, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece.  It began with a dark gray dye painted batting which I topped with some black linen, some red embroidered cotton, a bit of a hand painted piece of fabric and some blue silk noil.  I cut a bunch of flowers out of the embroidered cotton and set them aside.
I stitched the red down with a smallish stipple then added wavy horizontal lines in the painted piece.  I  switched to a blue thread and stitched the blue squares down with concentric squares.  Then I stippled the black and laid out the flowers which I stitched down with small circles in their middles.
I love the play of the delicate flowers against the bold color way and the highly graphic hand painted fabric.  It was my intent to see how that contradiction would work and I quite like it. 
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: