Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 29, 2013


Art Every Day, Thursday, August 29 ,

Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece.  I walked in the door of the studio this morning and just wanted to make a tree. So, I grabbed some of this weird, loosely woven cotton to use for the trunk and a bunch of threads that came out of the washing machine from dyeing for all of the greenery on the tree.  
I topped a piece of violet batting with some blue hand dye.  Next I set the large square of the woven brown fabric on top of the blue so that the frayed bottom edge could act like weird roots then I quilted the trunk and some simple branches along with some finer stems.  I added a bit of quilting in the blue background then spread out a bunch of the fibers to form the boughs of the tree and stitched them down with loose, loop d'loops. 
It's kind of fun and kind of weird at the same time.  I like the design, but not the color way.
Till tomorrow,
Heather



No comments: