Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, August 26, 2013





Art Every Day,  Monday, August 26, 2013

Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece. I simply wanted to play with more swirls.  This time I did it with rattail and ribbons rather than twisted strips of ripped fabric.
I started with a deep blue green hand dyed cotton on top of some green dye painted batting.  Then I jumped in with violet rattail and stitched down the largest of the swirls with three rows of rattail and one of twisted rayon ribbon.  Then I added the two small twisted rayon ribbon swirls.  After those were on, I realized that I should have stitched all of the background first, so I quickly stitched all of it with a small stipple in dark blue green. Next I stitched down about half of the the rick rack.  Then, I added a few more rattail swirls followed by the rest of the rick rack followed by the last few rattail swirls.
I really like all the layering and the multiple layers of depth along with the cool, cool colors. Plus, it's always fun to go a little overboard with embellishments.
Till tomorrow,
Heather 

No comments: