Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 1, 2013


Art Every Day, Thursday, August 1, 2013

Good Afternoon,
Here is today's new piece.  It began with a piece of fabric that I hand painted.  The fabric started out white then I dipped it into Dyenaflow, wrung it out and laid it wrinkled to dry.  Ironed it then printed it with Lumiere's Citron color using a colograph printing plate I made from plexiglass and rubber bands then I painted a second layer using a stamp carved with three circles using Halo Violet Gold Lumiere.
The painted fabric is sitting on top of an intensely bright yellow green hand dye which is sitting atop some blue batting.  
I then ripped some 1/2" wide strips of violet pineapple silk and twisted them up and couched them on to five of the circles through out the middle section.  Then I quilted the rest of the circles with outlines and inlines and that is all of the quilting that I did other than top stitching the outer edge of the dark blue and adding the wavy line inside of the yellow green.
I like the simplicity of the piece and that I managed to use the very attractive fabric without having to cut it up too small.  The couched circles are just enough to raise the surface and add some visual interest. Well, now I'm off to the Springs to teach a series class.
Till tomorrow,
Heather 

No comments: