Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

mo


Yesterday's Art, for Saturday, August 24, 2013

Here is a piece that I made mostly yesterday.  I added the two swirls this morning because it was too damned boring.  The piece began with the blue green fabric that I  mono printed using the bottom of a
plastic beaker with a hexagon shape.  I layered it on top of a dark red orange which is on top of a greener, blue green batting. I laid the orange strip down just below the diagonal half way mark and stitched it down with the darker red orange thread in a jillion little circles.  The hexagon fabric was stitched in matching thread along the edge of each hexagon. I twisted up a strip of the darker red orange fabric and top stitched it down the orange bar of fabric in a gentle curve.
As I said, I added the two dark red orange swirls this morning and they are adding a lot of much needed interest.  It's strange, but this one looks a lot better in person, in fact I really like it in person, but not so  much in this photo. I really like the direct complement, it's bold yet well managed with it's lack of pure hues.
I'll be right back,
Heather

No comments: