Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Art Every Day, Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good Evening,

Here is today's new piece and what fun it was to do!  I began with white fabric which I painted using "Silks" paints and a bevy of unusual brushes.  My goal was to get to know some of the different styles of paint brushes as I created.  I really like this breezy yet bold color way and quilting the designs was a load of fun.  I decided to go with sort of a scribbled look and like it best in the square stitched around the square.  I used black thread in the black area, red violet in the red and pale yellow thread as well as contrasty red violet thread in the whiter area.  All in all in was just a bunch of fun and I look forward to stitching more of the fabrics that I painted yesterday and this morning.

Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

This IS a lot of fun!

The quilting seems to basically mirror your brush strokes which not only gives it another layer of dimension but really gives the illusion of different layers.

I had to really search for the pale yellow thread! I don't know why I couldn't see it at first- once I found it, I can readily see it.

The bold black square and vertical swirly squiggly swath are perfect as focal points, especially with the thin black batting edge.

I am also surprised that the red violet holds its own so well against them, but I think having a lot of the red violet in the negative space on the right really helps bring out the vertical line of it on the left.

There is a lot of movement and energy throughout this. The blue lines of dots give further feeling of energy in the way of static or something electrical... hard to explain what I mean. But it almost gives me the feeling that the negative space is charged!

You do realize that between your hand dyes and now these, you have RUINED me for off the rack fabrics, right? lol