Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 
Art Every Day, Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Here is today's new piece.  What fun it was to do!  I began by layering blue violet on violet batting which was topped with a blue green square which was topped with a strip of light blue canvas.  I finished it off by tucking the edge of a vintage napkin under part of the canvas.  

It's pretty easy to see the quilting with the tight crosshatch in the background, swirly flourishes in the mid ground and the leaves stitched up the light blue canvas.  I completed it by coloring in the leaves "Quilt & Color" style using fabric markers then added miniscule dots around the leaves and vine to amp it up just a notch.

I love it; cool, simple, fun,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

This piece has such a glow about it! It almost looks lit p from behind.

Though I can physically see the layers in this, the piece is playing some games with my eyes.

The leaves look further back than the swirly green piece and even in the blue violet with the crosshatching- the lighter areas are coming forward.

It's interesting that each piece of this is so individual in color and quilting and yet it's so cohesive that I really have to look to see what layer is where.

So pretty and relaxing to look at!