Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Friday, July 26, 2013


Art Every Day, Friday July 26, 2013

I waited till tonight to make this piece in the Friday Night Art Party I was hosting at the studio.  It's an embellished mini art quilt.  It has very little stitching - just enough to hold it all together. It's all about layering; batting topped with painted Peltex, topped with painted Lutradur, topped with dyed cheesecloth, topped with tooled metal topped with circles made from Model Magic painted with Lumiere, sprinkled with crushed glass. A total over the top blast!
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a4This feels wonderful and makes me smile!!! I love the orange and metal together.