Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013


Art Every Day, Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Good Evening,
Here is today's new piece and I am in love!  I began with a piece of red cotton that I had discharged with large circles printed with a  garbage piece of plastic that was inserted in a large glass container that I had bought and small circles printed from a toilet paper tube.  I layered it on top of yellow orange silk gauze which was on top of an orange/red orange piece of silk noil which was on top of a piece of dark red violet cotton which was on top of a piece of yellow dye painted batting.  Whew....
I stitched right on top of the small circles and just inside the inner line and outer line of the large circles using a pale yellow thread.  I did not stitch anywhere else.
Then I started cutting away layers of fabric to reveal the layers beneath and viola! Woe that I do not have more time!  I really want to make this piece big.  I love the depth, the color, the circles.  I love it all, but what I love most was the absolute simplicity of the process.  Sometimes the easiest things produce amazing results.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: