Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 27, 2013


Art Every Day, Saturday, July 27, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece.  After last nights bold color and shiny funk I wanted to work with something much simpler this morning so I chose neutrals.
I began with a light piece of brown dye painted batting which I layered with offset pieces of black linen and mottled brown Mexican jute.  I topped those with a piece of hand stamped fabric and some of the left over brown/black batting.  I stitched around the stamped leaves then stitched an angled stipple in the background.  I stitched circles in the top piece of batting and wavy lines in the black linen and then top stitched the edges of the jute and background batting.  I then tucked some rayon ribbon in the ends of a long, thin bone beads and stitched it on with several rounds of embroider floss.
I really like the depth in this piece along with the floating movement of the leaves (despite the angular quilting they still seem to move) But mostly I really like the big bone bead and it's frilly ends.  The play of soft off of hard always turns me on in art.
Hope you have a great Saturday,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: