Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 28, 2013


Art Every Day, Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece which I like very much.  It began with a piece of hand painted fabric.  The fabric was dye painted with Dyenaflow paint in a pale blue then I used a red violet Lumiere and bubble wrap to paint on the small circles.  I added the large blue circles using a circular piece of plastic that I found in the trash.  They were painted with Lumiere also.  Then I added the long, curved olive green lines using a brush and the small emerald green squares were put on with a brush too.
The painted fabric is sitting atop a piece of emerald colored dye painted batting then I added the three larger squares on top of it ripping them from a hand dyed cotton.  I layered it all up ready for quilting then stitched twisted, light red violet fabric around the inside of three of the large blue circles to really highlight them and draw out the small red violet circles.  In just one portion of the complete blue circle I outlined all of the small circles, squares and green lines then heavily stitched the background.  In all of the rest of the piece I outlined the remaining elements but did not stitch in the negative space.
I love the depth and movement in this piece as well as the texture and color way.  It is light and lively yet bold and brazen at the same time.  Yummy.
Till tomorrow,
Heather

No comments: