Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Art Every Day, Monday, March 19, 2013

Good Morning,
Here is today's new piece.  First off, I just want to say how amazed I am by how easy it is to manipulate some neutrals.  These three fabrics were made at the same time and with the same colors as the neutrals that I used in yesterday's piece.  However these are being pushed by the red accent and in yesterday's piece the neutrals were being pushed around by the yellow green.  I'm somewhat shocked by how different they look.

This piece intrigues me a lot and for how simple it is, it's doing a whole bunch of stuff.  I knew that if I quilted the three fabric rectangles very lightly that they would stand out, but I expected that they would get a lot of competition from the red square, red strip and red stitching.  Surprisingly though, they are actually sitting in the mid ground between the red fabric which is on top and the red stitching which looks like it is receding. 

Like yesterday's piece, I really like this one, for both it's simple composition and coloration.  I do wish that I had placed the red strip a bit higher and that I had made the red square a rectangle.  I am so enjoying this daily discovery!

Till tomorrow,
Heather 

2 comments:

me said...

Well, these don't look like yesterday's fabrics at all. I think the red brings out more of the violet in them, making them take on a whole different feel.

The first thing that struck me both with the photo larger and smaller, is it's luminosity. The three rectangles just glow.

I like how you quilted them, following the pattern that was already there.

The red stitched rectangles feel energetic and mirror the geometric theme very nicely.

Unknown said...

I like the texture and colors. You are a great inspiration, would love to see you do another book.