Living This Creative Life

I have two favorite quotes. The first one is by Emile Zola, "If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I would tell you that I came to live out loud". I don't know who the second one is by, but it goes like this, "If you're not living on the edge then you might as well jump". Both of these sentiments sum up my personal philosophy of this experience we call life on earth. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Art Every Day, Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Good Evening,

Late evening.... Let's see, boot camp this morning, difficult decisions right after then seeing old friends, followed by a good, new class with nice students, then a flat tire, no groceries, pizza with the hubby, book work, ready for bed..... Oh no, I haven't made my piece of art for the day!

So, after a quick pull together and think through, here is what I pulled together.  Simple pieces, simple background quilting, simple, true statement.  One that I must always try to remember!

Change is in the air,
Till tomorrow,
Heather

1 comment:

me said...

I am very curious as to what is coming! Knowing how you tackle things, I know that the change will bring about something positive :)

I love that quote- it's a good one for us ALL to remember, thank you for the reminder!

Both big and small, this has great balance. I always think of this color combination as having a big punch and though it does- you have combined all of the elements in such as way as to provide a serene feeling about it.

The stamped rectangles have lovely visual texture and bring a nice light to the piece. The black nicely sits all calm and supportive in the back, letting the stamped pieces and the red just shine.

The simple quilting around all of the rectangular edges lets them each really take their own space, floating nicely on the background.

The red bone beads really cap the balance by giving the smaller rectangles more weight at the bottom, and they give the piece another element of unity.

This is simple- and simply beautiful.